With an easy-to-read approach and unmatched learning resources, Physical Examination & Health Assessment, 7th Edition offers a clear, logical, and holistic approach to physical exams across the lifespan. A total of 1,200 illustrations, checklists of key exam steps, and practical insights ensure that you learn all the physical exam skills you need to know. Written by Carolyn Jarvis, an experienced educator and clinician, this gold standard in physical examination reflects what is going on in nursing today with coverage of emerging trends and the latest on evidence-based practice. It’s easy to see why this text is, far and away, #1 in this field!
- A clear, logical, and streamlined approach simplifies content and helps you learn to perform the complete health assessment:
- The conversational, easy-to-understand writing style
- A two-column format distinguishes normal findings from abnormal findings, and uses step-by-step photos to clarify examination techniques and expected findings.
- 1,200 full-color illustrations present anatomy and physiology, examination techniques, and abnormal findings.
- Abnormal findings tables include more than 300 pathophysiology photos to help in recognizing, sorting, and describing abnormalities.
- NEW evidence-based guidelines reflect a focus on conducting the most effective, qualitative exams.
- NEW Substance Use Assessment chapter addresses this increasingly critical aspect of holistic patient assessments.
- 100 new photos of step-by-step examination techniques include all-new exam panoramas for key systems.
- 100 new abnormal findings photos provide instant visual cues for findings that are unexpected or that require referral for follow-up care.
- Expanded chapter on assessment of the hospitalized adult provides a focused assessment of the patient in the hospital setting.
- New content on obesity provides current information on this growing health problem.