Structure templates and content within Sitecore, work with integrated tools, and leverage its extensive automation capabilities. Sitecore was recently recognized as one of the most reputable and reliable, enterprise-class web content management solutions (WCMS) available in the marketplace. Thousands of companies are using Sitecore to manage their digital experiences online.
Because Sitecore is such a large, complex platform, developers often have a hard time coming up to speed, even after completing a Sitecore training course for developers. However, leveraging the design patterns and other practices laid out in this book will make that transition much easier.
Professional Sitecore 8 Development provides a soup-to-nuts approach for a Sitecore rookie to come up to speed quickly, as well as provide more advanced techniques for seasoned veterans that they may not be exposed to otherwise. Key coverage areas include:
- Getting started with Sitecore development
- Front-end development techniques
- Incorporating design patterns into your Sitecore solutions
- Programming Sitecore’s marketing capabilities
- Sitecore automation with PowerShell
Unit testing Sitecore applications
Advanced development techniques
What you’ll learn
- Develop solutions on the Sitecore platform
- Come up to speed on Sitecore without going through a training class
- Build front-end (HTML, CSS, Angular, etc.) solutions as well as back-end (C#) solutions on Sitecore
- Incorporate design patterns into your Sitecore solutions
- Make use of advanced Sitecore development techniques
Who This Book Is For
The book is a developer’s companion, both front end and back end developers. The target audience is both developers who have zero Sitecore experience, as well as seasoned veterans looking for advanced best practices. A secondary audience would be Sitecore administrators who would benefit from discussions around performance tuning and security.